Google
 

Monday, November 5, 2007

Lion’s start has me “believing”

To quote The Monkees, “I’m a Believer”.

True, the song is about a girl, but in my case, it applies to the Detroit Lions. Their 6-2 record certainly has me believing.

For a franchise that has had as little success as the Lions have in the history, the quick start is something unknown to a younger fan like me.

If someone had told me we would score 44 points against the Broncos, I would have cried blasphemy. Although the Broncos defense is surely no brick wall, an amount like that is nearly unbelievable. I have never seen such an impressive string of games from the Lions.

Now the real tests start to come. The rest of the season pits Detroit against better teams than they have played so far. But, in my opinion, no game is bigger than the Thanksgiving matchup against the Packers. The favorite to win the NFC North will be the victor of that game.

One thing is for sure. It’s way too much fun to be a Lions’ fan right now. Here’s to seeing them get ten wins or more, and make Jon Kitna’s prophecy come true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

surely you're not talking conference championships already? oh dear, cody, remember this is still the Lions we're talking about. Am I impressed by their start? Absolutely. But I think a season of building may be in order before we say things like "favorites to win" things such as a championship of any sort. I am definitely looking forward to the matchup on Thanksgiving... a test of epic proportions, like U of M - OSU (sorry it's always college ball from me!).

wow, this is one long comment!