Google
 

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Maybe I should pick colors too

Once we make it though this extended February, March Madness will be just around the corner once again. It seems like the time between these things gets shorter every year.

Of course, March Madness will bring out all the brackets and all of the competitions that go with them.

I'll admit, I do not religiously follow college basketball. Yet, once I get my bracket for the NCAA tournament, I begin to act like a crazed fool.

I really wish I would have held onto my brackets from past years. Why? Because I guarantee you that looking back now I would be dumbfounded at my stupidity.

Even year I think I have a winner. And every year I walk away disappointed. Unfortunately for me, it always seems that one of my Elite Eight or Final Four teams loses in the first or second round.

Have you ever noticed how well women do on brackets? I swear, it never fails that a female is either top dog or runner-up in all of the pools I see.

I blame it on people who understand and know basketball over thinking everything. You know what I hear every women say about their bracket picks?

"I liked their colors better."

Seriously? Maybe I should pick colors too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny story...
I have won my respective pools the last two years... the only two years I've bothered filling out a bracket.
I don't go on colors, I usually pick a few teams for upsets, but usually I stick with ranks. When in doubt, I might consult the misc. ESPN prediction, but that's pretty rare, and I don't always follow what they say.
Just a thought...
And sorry about your luck. ;)