Google
 

Monday, September 24, 2007

Build Your Own “Custom” PC

If you’re in the market for a new PC these days, you have a choice of many different manufacturers, all offering different options. These PCs can range from a few hundred to a few thousands of dollars. However, if you are somewhat tech savvy I recommend building your own PC. Although it is not necessarily cheaper, it allows you to customize every single part of the system to your liking. And, if it’s you first time, you can learn a lot as well.

Since there is already a lot of guides out there on how to do this, I won’t bother writing another. Basically, be sure everything is compatible and it should go together easily. However, here are a couple sources for information:

http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/ - This site has a step-by-step guide on building a PC, as well as a very active forum where members will gladly help you with your build.

http://www.newegg.com/ - Newegg has all the parts you will need for your PC. From my experiences, Newegg is usually the cheapest supplier also.

These are sites that helped me build my PC, but if you do a Google search for “Build Your Own PC” you will find many more sources that will help you out.

Oh, and if you’re wondering, my custom built PC cost me a little more than $300 and will surf the internet and run XP and Office with the best of them.

1 comment:

the local journalism major said...

Heh. Hello both of you! How are you guys collectively doing? My dormmates are trying to "blackify" me. (They are all black) but I keep telling them, I AM black. I'm just "incog-negro" Get it? Incognito? Negro?

Then I point out I'm a cracker, but I have a friend who is Jewish and or Arabic and or German and or okay, he is really German, but people thought he was an arabic terrorist girlfriend beater.

=) Anyhow, how are all of you?