Google
 

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Microsoft: Please Get a Clue

Very rarely do I condemn the actions of Micro$oft (Yes, I spelled it with an $). After all, I use their operating systems, their software (this is being written in Word 2007), and their video game consoles. However, they really need to reconsider some of boneheaded decisions.

Recently CEO Steve Ballmer has said that Linux violates some of Microsoft’s intellectual property. He statements implied that he would eventually want compensation from the users of the free-operating system.

That’s what really makes me mad. People have their reasons for using Linux, and sadly for Microsoft, a big reason is because they hate the products that they put out. Don’t give them a reason to hate you more.

Honestly, I have even been stretched to the point of switching over to Linux. Currently I have Ubuntu running in Virtual PC on my computer. I love it. It’s fast, it looks good, and most of all, it’s free. Last time I checked, Windows Vista only had one of those three. In fact, Vista is sometimes reduced to crawling speeds even with my 2 gigs of RAM. I could shut off Aero but that completely defeats the purpose of Vista.

My message to Microsoft is this: Keep your mouth shut and fix your own problems. Just because someone else is taking your customers, don’t get mad at them, get mad at yourselves. You’ve managed to create the most bloated software around and expect people to stay happy with you.

No comments: